Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Recount

The first day in Australia

The first day in Australia was a very special experience in my life. It was an early morning in Australia. My family and I arrived in Sydney airport. My friend Amy with her husband came to the airport to pick us up. They arranged us to stay in their home until we rented the house.

Amy’s house, which is in Hurstville, is not far away from the airport. We got there in 20 minutes by driving. We didn’t stop. We had been told Saturday was the good time to look for houses. We went to several real-estate agents and finally we found a house for our new home.

At night we went out for dinner with Amy’s family. Amy and her husband shared with us their experiences living in Australia. We got home at about 10 o’clock. I felt tired but couldn’t sleep. I was so excited and a bit worried because we were going to start a new life in the new country.

No comments: